Saturday, August 29, 2009

Decisions

I think I am just beginning to realize how very important making the right decision is.
When you are young,
someone is always there to guide you,
by always, i really mean,
nearby, can-shout-out-to distance, or the phone-able distance.
Then you grow up a little,
people let you decide,
even little things like,
"Oi, you want bread with butter or butter and jam,"
and then you still there, and on impulse just answer,
"butter"
They let you make mistakes, learn, because those were small decisions.
But now,
I can imagine taking a lot of time to decides between butter and butter and jam.
Why?
Because the number of things affecting my decisions have increase.
I have grown older,
my taste has changed,
and yes, we all became weight conscious.
And I think it begins to affect the decision.
No longer can we just decide and be happy about it.
We do sometimes just decide,
but now regret has come into the picture.
We decide and then we regret, cause we knew there was always this other choice.
You may love the choice you took,
but yet,
you think,
what if?
what would have happened if?
should I have done that?
And that a makes living harder.

Sometime I wish I could try both things,
just to know what would have happened,
but then,
I realized just now that,
maybe it was never meant to be that way.
We would never learn,
never improve,
never think before we try if we already knew what was going to happen,
if we already knew the consequences.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home